Traditional cigarettes contain some chemicals which are classified simply as poison!! The thought that I personally inhaled this crap from 13 to 30 years old (Bad Right!!??) does nothing but terrify me and confirm that as most non perfect humans ,,, I made some stupid mistakes in my life. If only E-Liquid was around back then!! Well now it is, eJuice chemicals use approximately three to four and individually, are FDA approved.
It’s no secret that smoking causes serious deadly health problems. Heart disease, lung cancer, stroke and emphysema just to name a few are all complications linked to the smoking of tobacco products. Worse than that cigarettes are highly HIGHLY addictive, and so smokers find it very hard to quit in order to preserve their health, or to reverse existing smoking related health complications. So lets take a deeper look into what makes up E-Liquid and Traditional cigarettes.
Ingredients Found in Conventional Cigarettes:
Tobacco products are packed full of nasty deadly chemicals and additives, both in the tobacco and in the paper/ filter tips that tobacco companies blatantly use. The chemicals are combined with those produced during combustion, This is ultimately required in order to burn the tobacco and papers.
While it would be impossible to list every chemical and ingredient used in cigarettes, as there are many thousands of them (over 500 alone added by the tobacco companies themselves as ingredients), a few of the more common, and worrisome, ingredients found in cigarettes include:
- Tobacco: Obviously, but cigarettes contain tobacco. Grown as a crop both domestically and in many other regions, it is used both in smokeless and smoked products. Tobacco adds flavor and is famous for its trademark taste. Tobacco also naturally contains nicotine, which is the stimulant which makes cigarettes so addictive.
- Formaldehyde: This is also the chemical used to preserve dead bodies!! According to the American Cancer Society, it may increase the risk of several cancers.
- Arsenic: This is the primary ingredient in many rat poisons!
- Lead: Most people know that high levels of lead are dangerous. News reports studies have shown that even small doses of lead are linked to heart attack and stroke.
- Cyanide: This chemical works quickly and can be fatal. It is found in very small quantities in some foods, and is a chemical which is released during combustion. It has also been found as an addictive in cigarettes. Cyanide is poisonous, and is most dangerous when inhaled, according to the CDC.
- Carbon Monoxide: This is a poisonous gas which can cause death when inhaled in large enough quantities, and illness when inhaled in smaller amounts. It is given off as a byproduct of burning tobacco products.
- Methoprene and DDT: Both are insecticides, DDT has been banned due to safety issues.
- Acetone: Found mainly in nail polish remover.
- Acetic Acid: is a Vinegar.
- Ammonia: Alkaline found in floor and toilet cleaner
- Butane: Found in cigarette lighter fluid.
- Cadmium: Found in rechargeable batteries
These are just a few of the thousands of nasty deadly chemicals found in cigarettes and cigarette smoke. Each of these chemicals are inhaled into the smoker’s lungs with every puff!!!
Ingredients in E-Liquid:
E-Liquid only contain approximately four ingredients in most cases. While the heating of these ingredients may lead to the formation of other compounds, very few chemicals have been found in eJuice vapor when compared to secondhand smoke from cigarettes.
The ingredients most commonly used in eJuice include:
- Vegetable Glycerin: This is the ingredient used to produce vapor.
- Propylene Glycol: This additive gives eJuice much of their “throat hit,” and it is recognized as safe for consumption by the FDA.
- Nicotine: Found naturally in tobacco leaves, nicotine is also added to most eJuice. Nicotine is a stimulant, much like caffeine. Contrary to what many assume, nicotine is not a known carcinogen.
- Flavoring: Most eJuice flavorings are derived from food sources. Malic acid, for instance, is what gives apples and some other fruits their tart flavor. Vanillin is also commonly used in sweeter e-liquids. Many flavorings have been approved as safe for consumption by the FDA.
- Distilled Water: A sometimes fifth, but less common, ingredient found in some eJuice is distilled water. This helps dilute some eJuice and prevents buildup in atomizers. Its use is most common in liquids which only use vegetable glycerin without propylene glycol, as glycerin alone can lead to buildup.
The Final Facts:
Tobacco products have been linked to everything from cancer to heart disease and stroke. This is due in large part to the thousands of chemicals produced by the combustion of burning tobacco, as well as many dangerous cancer causing additives used by tobacco companies to enhance flavor and preserve taste. E-Liquid, by comparison, do not produce smoke and contain only four or five simple ingredients in their e-liquids.
HAPPY VAPING FROM ALL THE SAGAVAPE.COM TEAM